Last Updated: May 12, 2017
You can browse parts of our sites without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
We may collect and store several types of information about you, including the following personal information:
- name, employer’s name, telephone numbers, email address, physical contact information, login, password, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on our sites, including the Website, (such as bidding, buying, and selling information and other content you generate or that relates to your account);
- correspondence through our sites and correspondence sent to us;
- other information from your interaction with our sites, services, content (including, without limitation content provided by third parties), and advertising, including computer, browser and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- additional information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself;
- information from other companies, such as demographic and navigation data; and
- other supplemental information from third parties.
We may obtain information from or about you in other ways. For example, we may verify user information with a service provider or combine your information with information we collect from other companies. Also, you may send us correspondence, testimonials, photos, writings, customer satisfaction surveys or customer service communications. You also may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of our sites, or transmitted to other users of our sites or third parties. All such information you provide to be published or displayed on public areas of our sites is done so at your own risk.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other users and use it to improve and personalize our services, content and advertising.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- present our sites and services to you;
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- fulfill any purpose for which you provide it;
- provide you with notices about our site or services and/or about your account;
- carry out our obligations and enforce our rights;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions and other policies;
- customize, measure and improve our sites, services, content and advertising;
- tell you about our services, targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We share information between our buyers, sellers and/or vendors (as applicable) that allow them to complete a sale, like name, email address, phone number, physical address and other information that might be included in connection with a sale. We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also share your personal information with:
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations (e.g., fraud investigations and bill collection);
- our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- any person or entity necessary to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service);
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity (In such events, we will disclose information relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.);
- anyone you approve with prior consent.
- Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Information You Share on Better Bright
Information you post to Better Bright’s websites regarding you and your property is displayed throughout Better Bright (and so may be available to the public). Your user ID and company name is also displayed throughout Better Bright’s websites and is connected to all of your Better Bright activity (and so may be available to the public). If you access our sites from a shared computer, a computer in an internet cafe, or an unsecure network, certain information about you, such as your user ID, may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you or have access to such unsecure network.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your Better Bright password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Better Bright and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by signing on to Better Bright. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable laws. We do retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
We may communicate with you at various times, with administrative emails or phone calls, about transactions and service announcements, customer service responses, and promotional emails like special offers, newsletters and updates. You can choose to stop receiving promotional emails at any time by simply using an email’s unsubscribe function. You may not opt out of receiving administrative messages or customer service responses.
Your information is stored on our servers. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (e.g., encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at following address:
Better Bright, Inc.
2702 N Stemmons Freeway, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75207